Sunday, August 25, 2019

Downtown



The pictures I have chosen to write about are from my trip to Chicago two weeks ago. My sister took me to see Downtown for the first time, and above are the photos we took in Millennium Park & on the 103rd floor of the Willis Tower.

That weekend was definitely an indelible one, as there were many things I got the opportunity to see for the first time, such as the Art Institute of Chicago, the Bean, and Navy Pier.

The highlight of the trip was definitely going to the Sky Deck in the Willis Tower. I had a lot of mixed feelings going to up Tower; I'm kind of afraid of heights so it was a bit scary, and the 103rd floor is made of glass so that you are able to see the city below you when posing for pictures at the Sky Deck. But it was worth it!
It is a very popular tourist attraction so it was pretty crowded in the area & the wait was long, but finally being able to go so high up was pretty awesome.

You can see me in the picture looking down at the city below, anxiously tiptoeing on the glass hoping it wouldn't break. (It wouldn't have actually broken -- it is constructed so that it is perfectly safe to pose on top of it with a group for the pictures. But when you're actually on it looking so far down its pretty staggering). The experience altogether was pretty exciting though, and I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking into travelling downtown!

Going to Navy Pier was fun, too. We went cruising on the boats at Lake Michigan later that evening, and watching the sun set at the water was absolutely breathtaking. Not many other people were on that cruise so it was nice to have to boat all to ourselves. It was very peaceful and quiet, and we took lots of pictures of the water streaked with the bright colors of the evening's sunset.

I especially enjoyed the time I got to spend with my older sister. She is in college now so I don't get to see her as much, but this trip was a great time for us to bond and have fun in the city together. At the end of the night, we rode the Centennial Wheel in Navy Pier and went to a small cafe downtown.

6 comments:

  1. My older brother is a huge fan of downtown. He loves to go there and explore. He showed us his favorite view of the city, at a spot by Adler Planetarium, a concrete stretch along the lake, where the view of the city is amazing, both during the day and at night. Especially at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, it's hard to hang out with siblings once they're in college because they're always busy. I'm happy you and your sister got to see part of Chicago. Also, I thought this was only me but it's weird that we only live 2 hours from downtown and don't visit it much, but people go out of their way to vacation and see the attractions the Windy City has to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also went to these places and I think its crazy we had such different experiences! When we went to Navy Pier, there was a bunch of construction going on and not a lot to look at so it was a little anticlimactic in comparison to the hype. However, that could've just been that time but it was really hot and yea. Anyways, I also thought the glass floor was kind of iffy but it was mostly my sister that was scared lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I went to Willis Tower and it was our turn to step on the glass, I freaked out, despite the fact that I was the one that dragged my entire family there to see it and made them wait in line outside in the cold for an hour. I thought as soon as I would step in we would just fall straight down, but the view was so pretty that I completely forgot about falling lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are absolutely right about it being fun to hang out with your siblings when you don't see them for long amounts of time. I am trying to enjoy as much time as I can before I go off to the college because I know that I will not see them much. That being said, the Windy City is a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this tourist attraction. It is beautiful and such a cool spot to take pictures. I don't know how any sane person wouldn't be scared about standing so high above building, held up by a sheet of glass.

    ReplyDelete

Remediation Project

For my project, I made an Art series containing 4 different art pieces. Each one represents a short story we've read this year. The main...