Thursday, November 28, 2019

My Uncle Ralph

When asked of someone I'm thankful for, the first person that came to mind is my uncle Ralph. We don't have that big of an age gap, so he is more like my big brother.

Ralph and I have gotten a lot closer over the years. I was really sad when he got married 2 years ago because I thought I would not be able to see him as much again, but he really goes out of his way so we can hang out more often.

            If there is one thing you should know about Ralph, it is that he LOVES designer clothes. He used to be an entrepreneur and owned a clothing store in Chicago a while ago, before he started working as a barber with my 2 other uncles in their shop in Harvey, Illinois. Over break this one time we went to the shopping mall together and looked at shoes. It was very fun.

            One memory I have of him is when we went to to this Arabic store in Chicago and got mango juice on the way. Their mango juice was really good there and we just drove home sipping mango juice and listening to music. It seems so insignificant, but those were honestly some of the best times.  


            A while ago he went to the Weeknd concert with his friends. He knew how much I loved the Weeknd, so he brought back an XO sweatshirt. I still wear it today and every time I do, I’m reminded of what an amazing uncle I have :)



9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to meet your uncle some day. I remember you once told me that he's friends with famous people (like Chance the Rapper) and that's sooooo cool. Also, I really like mango juice too. We go to this desi store in Chicago and every time I go there I get mango juice and drink it on the way back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had an uncle as cool and fun, but perhaps I can be the cool uncle for my own niece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna be friends with your uncle no lie. The Weeknd and mango juice are incredible. I'm also in need of a haircut so he should hit me up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous. Your uncle sounds awesome. Also The Weeknd is my favorite artists so someone please hit me up with some XO merch and concert tickets. Because I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, like a lot of other people are saying, your uncle sounds awesome. This post does a very excellent job of making him sound awesome. It's genuinely heartwarming. And yeah, it's an excellent beard, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember even when we were really young that you would always talk about how he was your favorite uncle, and it's super cute that you guys still have that close relationship. Also, the fact that he comments on every one of your instagram posts is even cuter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute and wholesome blog post. It sounds like you two have a great relationship with each other, which is the best when you are attending family gatherings and parties. Anyway great blog post Amina.

    ReplyDelete

Remediation Project

For my project, I made an Art series containing 4 different art pieces. Each one represents a short story we've read this year. The main...